Custom cabinets are cabinets that are made specifically for your renovation or new construction needs. Box or manufactured cabinets are what you typically find in ‘box stores’. They are made in set sizes to fill a space. They are what some people call ‘cookie-cutter’ cabinets. Both kinds of cabinets have their benefits. Below are some scenarios where you may want to decide to use custom cabinets.
- You want your new cabinets to match your existing cabinets
- You have a complex layout or area where you are wanting to install cabinets
- You are wanting to use an exotic wood or unique colors
- You are getting new appliances and need to make small changes to your existing cabinets
- You are wanting a unique look and style
If any one of these scenarios above sounds like you, then we recommend going with custom cabinets. Of course, there are potential drawbacks to any purchase. The one downside to purchasing custom cabinets is that they can take longer to arrive because they need to be constructed. The many great benefits of custom cabinets far outweigh the one downside of waiting to have them created. We feel that the wait is well worth the reward. Here at Cornerstone Kitchens, we work hard to have your custom cabinets finished in a timely manner that fits your construction timeframe. We would love to discuss your upcoming project with you. Give us a call or stop by our store in Raleigh, North Carolina.